Tucson, AZ, United States, 85755
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 12,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East..
The Customer Account Intern is the first point of contact for many of Meggitt's customers. They are responsible for delivering a world-class service and support the business by responding to customer enquiries, collaborating internally to prepare and deliver quotations, and joining with the planning team to accurately forecast demand. By utilizing the Meggitt High Performance System, the Customer Account Intern will serve as the primary interface responsible for ensuring the most efficient and positive relationship with Meggitt's customers, while enabling level-loading of production and expeditious resolution of customer assertions. The role will support the teams Senior Customer Account Representatives and report into the Manager, Customer Accounts for a specified product group.
* The Customer Account Intern is responsible for receiving, reviewing, and entering purchase orders into the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system
* Raising quotes and customer documentation, prioritizing workload to ensure the customer receives an excellent service at all times
* Respond to various customer emails and phone calls to manage their orders and enquiries; the Customer Account Intern will serve as the primary point of contact by customers' buyers and supply chain personnel
* Refer any pricing queries to the Senior Customer Account Representative and/or the Commercial functions to ensure accurate pricing is applied
* Track and reconcile internal and external customer score cards, which includes verification of the metrics by which Meggitt is judged
* Resolve customer complaints, which may include warranty, delivery, or quantity disputes, at the lowest level and in the most beneficial manner for Parker Meggitt
* Attend and occasionally participate in Daily Layered Accountability meetings and collaborate closely with Finance, Operations, Sales, Planning, and Procurement personnel to communicate changes to demand, assist with production forecasting and convey information to and from customers
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
* Able to lift 20 lbs
* Able to stand or sit for meetings
Education: Minimum of 3 years of study towards undergraduate in Marketing, Finance or Business related degree is required with a minimum GPA of 3.0
Certifications: Not Applicable
Years of Experience: 0-2 years of experience in customer service
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.