We care for the homeless and those at risk of becoming homeless in our community through services that alleviate suffering, promote dignity and instill self-sufficiency… as an expression of the ongoing ministry of Jesus Christ.
Metropolitan Ministries will be America’s most effective caregiver to poor and homeless people.
- Our programs will be known for their compassion and innovation in helping struggling families and individuals achieve their highest potential for self-sufficiency.
- Our approach to involving citizens in understanding and caring for their disadvantaged neighbors will serve as a replicable model.
- Our caregiving will be supported by an exemplary staff, high-quality facilities, dedicated volunteers, donors and collaborative partners.
- Above all, our witness will be to the power of love in healing broken lives and building strong, caring communities.
- Character – demonstrating integrity, good judgment, and professionalism
- Chemistry – organizational team focus, goal-setting, and mentorship, effective communication
- Competency – skills and knowledge, prioritization and time management
- Calling – focus on the client and the mission
Living and breathing our mission, vision, culture and values, customer service, stewardship, accountability, and the brand experience we provide our clients, volunteers, donors, staff, and partners are what make up Metro Spirit. It means we are walking our talk. And the proof is in the pudding.
Work to transform the lives of the at-risk and homeless families
We’re looking for talented people to join our team. Are you one of them? If you’re looking for an opportunity to transform the lives of poor and homeless men, women and children in your community, we may have a job for you.
We were recently named one of Tampa’s Top Workplaces
by the Tampa Bay Times. And as we continue to grow and expand into America’s most effective caregiver, we need talented and compassionate people who feel called to assist us in our mission. Since 1972, Metropolitan Ministries has been providing life-changing solutions for those who are homeless and at risk of becoming homeless in Tampa Bay. Through innovative leadership, a dedicated staff, and the utilization of a variety of community partners, we’ve grown from a single-room food pantry to serving thousands of people a day in 4 different counties.
What’s it like to work at Metropolitan Ministries?
Rewarding, challenging, fun and interesting may describe any given day. Metropolitan Ministries strives to promote a diverse mission-centered employee culture that facilitates teamwork, employee trust, and professional development.
Employees are strongly encouraged to share ideas and suggestions to improve the Ministries’ effectiveness and quality of work life. Innovation is paramount, allowing us to develop fresh ideas and solutions to the issue of homelessness, such as Inside the Box Café and Catering, a social entrepreneurship initiative. Come share your gifts and talents by joining the Metropolitan Ministries staff team!